Administrative Fellowship & Internship
Healthcare Outcomes Performance Company (HOPCo) is the leading provider of musculoskeletal value-based health outcomes, service line and practice management. This includes comprehensive management and optimization of specialties such as orthopedics, spine, hand, pain management, rehabilitation and neurology.
HOPCo’s integrated care and analytics platform has proven to increase the quality of patient care and program revenue while reliably reducing the total cost of care across the care continuum for practices, health systems and payors alike effectively bending the cost curve and reducing the total year over year spend for musculoskeletal services when most are seeing a 14% year over year increase.
HOPCo’s affiliated payors, practices and health systems successfully participate in highly efficient value-based contracting (bundled payments, capitated population health programs, and other risk-based arrangements) utilizing HOPCo’s proprietary platforms, IT solutions, integrated analytics, and standardized care pathways. This helps our partners obtain real time, actionable insights into their systems, allowing them to comprehensively manage the entire business while improving outcomes for their treasured patients. As a result, HOPCo has become the only organization with proven and sustainable success in population health management of musculoskeletal specialty care.
Program Overview and Details
HOPCo offers a unique and comprehensive one-year administrative fellowship program within one of the recognized national leaders in musculoskeletal value-based health outcomes, health system service line and physician practice management.
Fellows will receive broad exposure to the breadth of HOPCo’s musculoskeletal integrated delivery system and increase their understanding of management in a dynamic healthcare setting through close participation in a wide variety of meaningful projects, meetings and other professional experiences.
Fellows will work closely with nationally recognized leaders and experts in clinical care delivery, medical economics, payor reform, finance, operational management and business development. The hands-on fellowship curriculum fosters enthusiastic engagement from each Fellow given the breadth of HOPCo’s platform.
These experiences are gained in a variety of settings including the corporate offices, health systems, clinical settings, and other services within our healthcare and medical economics platforms. This unique integration of experiences provides unrivaled exposure to the full spectrum of value-based care delivery programs. Throughout the intensive Fellowship year, Fellows will have the opportunity to contribute and refine their skills, abilities, and talents to major projects and initiatives that impact our business, the lives of patients and the future of healthcare.
- Cultivate a philosophy, code of ethics and set of values in a company dedicated to excellence in patient care and healthcare administration
- Develop leadership skills
- Acquire marketable administrative and technical skills
- Demonstrate management potential in specific areas at various levels through diversified line and/or staff responsibilities that will contribute to the organization
- Provide a proven bridge from academia to practice
- Expose talented individuals to the philosophy, mission and values of HOPCo
- Provide the opportunity for executives of HOPCo to develop and exercise teaching and mentoring skills
Process and Timeline
- The fellowship is a one-year program beginning in midsummer
- A competitive salary is provided
- HOPCo pays for the Fellow to attend one instructional conference during his or her tenure
- Statement of Purpose addressing the applicant’s career goals, professional interests, and objectives during the fellowship
- Two letters of recommendation: one must be an academic reference and one a professional reference
Interviews with the top applicants will take place via video conference with HOPCo leadership.
Eligible applicants must complete the didactic portion of their graduate degree prior to the start of the fellowship. Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in healthcare administration, business administration, or equivalent professional degree.
Get In Touch
If you are ready to transform your market and grow market share, contact us below to set up an introductory call or in-person meeting.